Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Korea Spring Trip 2016 (Day 1) + Useful Apps

Thursday, 13 April '16

First day in Korea! So excited! HAHA. Actually, I've already written a Korea itinerary back in 2013 but just got the chance to go there in 2016 >< I was so into Kpop back then and also their food, culture and language. I forgot when, but one day I found this website that teach you Korean language called TTMIK or Talk To Me In Korean, they teach you from the beginning (how to read and write Hangeul) and if you want to learn further they have LOTS of lessons available. It has been 2 years since I last learned the language and as far as I remember I've only read their Level 1 and Level 2, and I've already forgot most of it now (T_T). But if you are planning to go alone without a tour in Korea, then I recommend you to learn how to read Hangeul, especially if you want to get around by bus or train, it is really useful :)

There are several applications that I downloaded prior to my trip,




When I was there, I only use Naver Map, Daum Map, Subway and Kakao Taxi ( I used it thrice, once in Busan and twice in Jeju Island, the receptionist lady at Blue boat Guest House in Busan told me to download the app to order taxi, because my flight was super early in the morning and it was kinda hard to find a taxi at that hour, and I'm glad I got this app when I was in Jeju, lol, story coming up.. :p).

So.. Let's the story begin :)

There was a promotion at that time from Singapore Airlines, if I remember correctly I think it was around IDR 5million for return ticket. Besides, we got vouchers worth of SGD 40 each at Changi Airport for the Changi Transit Programme, such a deal right? :p


Since my flight arrived at night, and we finished the immigration process and got our baggage around 11pm, we decided to use the All Stop Train to Hongdae (Hongik Univ. Station) at 11:47pm, the ride was about an 1 hour, cost KRW 4,050. We bought T-Money (it's a transportation card like EZ Link, Opal, Octopus, etc) at CU inside Incheon Airport, I bought the LINE edition T-Money for KRW4,000, and top up KRW50,000.

For the first 3 nights in Seoul, I stayed at Moon Hostel. It cost KRW 193,818 for the Luxury Twin Room, breakfast included. To get to the hostel, you just need to take exit #3 and walk around 5 minutes (350m). They have escalator at this exit, so it's nice for someone who bring big luggages. We arrived at Hongik Station around 1am, on the way to our hostel, we saw a G25 convenience store, so we decided to buy the sim card there. I bought EG SIM card for KRW55,000. You get 2GB of data and KRW20,000 of voice credit. We also bought banana milk (KRW1,200) and cup ramen (KRW 1,050) here :p


When we arrived, the reception was closed already (open 8.00-23.00), but we already told the hostel beforehand so they arranged the check in process.

It was already late at night, so off we go to dreamland :p





Next Post:
Korea Spring Trip 2016 (Day 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Gingerbread Man