Monday, July 3, 2017

Korea Spring Trip 2016 (Day 3)

Friday, 15 April '16

Woke up late today at 10am. lol, actually during my trip here, I always woke up or got out late except the one where I need to catch either plane or train (to Jeju, Busan and Gapyeong). Hahah. In my defense, I usually stay until late at night searching things to do, places to see, food to eat, and directions (eventhough I already made an itinerary before, but yeah) Today I did both, like woke up late and got out late, I kinda regret it, I spent too much time at Hostel, that means less time for the sightseeing. I only got out from the Hostel at 1.30pm :')

1st Stop: G-Stay
Nearest Subway Station: Namyeong Line 1 Exit 1, walk 1 minute

* (15 mintues/4stations/KRW1,250)
Hongik Univ. Station ----> Namyeong Station

We went straight to G-Stay near Namyeong Subway Station to drop off our luggages, because tomorrow we're going to Busan for 2 days then to Jeju, and it's such a hassle to drag your luggages everywhere, luckily our next lodging in Seoul, G-Stay, allow us to store our luggages there.

2nd Stop: Cheonggyecheon (청계천)
Nearest Subway Station: Gwanghwamun Line 5 Exit 5
* (18 mintues/5stations/KRW1,250) 
Namyeong Station ----> Gwanghwamun Station

From Namyeong we then went to Gwanghwamun Station to see Cheonggyecheon. We only saw small part of it, cause the stream is sooooo long, so we decided to go back and went to Gwanghwamun Square. At the Square, we saw the Statue of Admiral Yi Sun Shin and King Sejong the Great, we also tried the traditional Korean clothing (Hanbok) for free. ;) The stall is located behind the Statue of Admiral Yi Sun Shin.

Cheonggye Stream


3rd Stop: Gwanghwamun Square (광화문광장)


The Statue of Admiral Yi Sun Shin

Free Hanbok behind the Statue of Admiral Yi Sun Shin
The Statue of King Sejong the Great
After that we went to Gyeongbokgung, you just need to walk straight from the Square, then you will see Gwanghwamun Gate (the main gate of Gyeongbok Palace) at the end of the road.

4th Stop: Gyeongbokgung (경복궁)



To enter the palace you need to pay KRW3,000/person. But if you'd like to visit all the palaces, you should buy an integrated ticket that costs KRW10,000 for 5 different royal sites in Seoul, so you can save KRW4,000. The 5 sites include Gyeongbokgung, Changdeokgung, Deoksugung, Changgyeonggung and Jongmyo Shrine.

Gyeongbok Palace hold Royal Guard Changing Ceremony 2 times each day, at 10am and 2pm. They also have free tour with 3 different languages (English, Japanese and Chinese) from 10.00-16.00 for about one to one and a half hour, for details you can check it here. The palace closed every Tuesday.









We were late to see the ceremony so we just strolled around the Palace compound, we were there for about an hour, then we went to Mukshidonna for a super late lunch or early dinner :p

5th Stop: Mukshidonna (먹쉬돈나)




Bulgogi (KRW4,500), Budae (KRW4,500), Ramyeon (KRW1,000), Meat Dumpling (6pcs/KRW1,000)



Cool Pis (KRW2,000)
We ordered Bulgogi (KRW4,500), Budae (KRW4,500), Ramyeon (KRW1,000), Meat Dumpling (6pcs/KRW1,000) and Cool Pis (KRW2,000). The hotpot was good and filling, I wanted to add fried rice at the end but I was too full :'( #nexttime


6th Stop: Bukchon Hanok Village (북촌한옥마을) & Samcheong-dong & Hwajo Pastry (화조상점))

We also went to Bukchon Hanok Village, then to Samcheong-dong. The neighbourhood was so prettyyy. There are 8 photo spots in Bukchon Hanok Village, if you have time you can stroll around while looking at the spots, the photo spots are marked, but if you don't have much time, you can see the 8 spots here on bukchon.seoul.go.kr then decide which one you'd like to see.






  







We also tried a snack at Hwajo Pastry (화조상점), we bought the Fortune Pouch, it's a fortune pouch shaped puff pastry with red bean filling. Actually I'm not really keen to try the one with red bean but my mom likes it and because I'm still full and afraid, that we won't be able to finish it if we order two. But I regret it right away, it was good and not too sweet. Should have bought the one with sweetpotato and rice cake as well T___T And the lady was also sweet, she was so smiley. She tried to talk to me but in Korean, eventhough the other lady told her that I won't understand what she said hahaha. Oh, they also sell ice cream, but I didn't try. :'(






7th Stop: Story of the Blue Stars (푸른별 주막)

We walked all to way to Anguk Station to try a bar/pub called Story of the Blue Stars, the shop is near Anguk Station Exit 6, you just need to go straight, then turn left when you see a small alley, the shop is on your right. When we arrived, there were not many people there, but soon after the bar was full with patrons.




We ordered their Dubu Kimchi/ Tofu Kimchi (KRW12,000) and Saeng Makgeolli (KRW10,000), which were a huge mistake. Lol, the dish was so big, we couldn't finish it, not even half of it. I should have order soup or something to eat with the makgeolli. I stuffed myself and puke in the end (maybe not entirely the tofu kimchi's fault lol I'm also a bit tipsy from the makgeolli :p If you can't drink much like me, you can order half makgeolli for KRW5,000 instead).

Dubu Kimchi (KRW12,000) & Saeng Makgeolli (KRW10,000)


8th Stop: Hongdae (Shoopen 슈펜 & Sinseon Seolnongtang 신선설농탕)
Nearest Subway Station: Gwanghwamun Line 5 Exit 5
* (20 mintues/9stations/KRW1,250) 
Anguk Station ----> Hongik Univ. Station

We then went to Shoopen near Hongik Univ. Station Exit 1, we used the lift near a shabu-shabu restaurant (B1) to Level 1, where Shoopen is located.


I bought a canvas sneaker shoes for only KRW10,000. Loved it so much that I bought another one before I went back to Jakarta and regret it right away why I didn't buy more :'( At Shoopen they charge you for the shopping plastic bag for KRW100. Oh, and I puked right into that plastic bag, just outside the store right after I bought the shoes. lol, luckily I already took out the shoes before it happened. I puked so much that the plastic bag was so heavy. Sorry for the disgusting story, but I laughed so much with my mom when it happened. ;p

I think I already threw out everything that I ate into the plastic bag, and I'm hungry again HAHA. So we went to Sinseong Seolnongtang, it's only 4 minutes walk (250m) from Shoopen. When you exit Shoopen, turn right then walk straight until you see a zebra cross on your left. Cross the street and walk straight, the shop is on your left.



Don't know if I'm hungry or what, but I like their Seolleongtang (KRW7,000), the hot ox bone soup was served with rice, the soup wasn't that salty but tasty and warming, the beef was sliced thinly.



After I finished eating, yes I ate alone, my mom was too sleepy to eat. We walked back to Moon Hostel and sleep :)


Cheonggyecheon (청계천)
for details click here


Gwanghwamun Square (광화문광장)
How to get there:
1. City Hall Station (Seoul Subway Line 1 & 2), Exit 3.
2. Gyeongbokgung Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 6 & 7.
3. Gwanghwamun Station (Seoul Subway Line 5), Exit 1, 2 & 8.
4. Red Bus: 5500-2, 9602, 9706, 9708, 9713
5. Blue Bus: 103, 150, 401, 402, 406, 408, 607,704
6. Green Bus: 0212, 1711, 7016, 7018, 7022, 8000
7. Village Bus: Jongno 09, Jongno 11
 for details go to Visit Korea

Gyeongbokgung (경복궁)
How to get there:
1. Gyeongbokgung Station (Line 3) and Exit 5 or
2. Anguk Station (Line 3) and Exit 1
3. Bus No. 1020, 7025,109, 171, 172, 601 or 606
Entrance Fee: KRW3,000
Closed on Tuesday
for details go to Visit Korea
 

Mukshidonna (먹쉬돈나)
for map and reviews click here

 
Bukchon Hanok Village (북촌한옥마을)
How to get there:
1. Anguk Station (Line 3), Exit 1/2, walk 300m
2. Maeul Bus Jongno 02
for Bukchon 8 views click here

Samcheongdong
for info click here

Hwajo Pastry (화조상점)
for direction click here or here


Story of the Blue Stars (푸른별 주막)
for direction click here
for more detail story of the pub click Seoul Eats

Shoopen (슈펜)
for direction click here

Sinseon Seolnongtang (신선설농탕)
Hongdae Branch (Open 24 hours)
for direction click here  
Other branches: SinchonJongno, Myeongdong, Hyehwa/Daehak-ro, Sinsadong, Apgujeong, Cheongdamdong, and many others.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Previous:
Korea Spring Trip 2016 Itinerary (15D14N)
Korea Spring Trip 2016 (Day 1) + Useful Apps
Korea Spring Trip 2016 (Day 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Gingerbread Man